Saturday, July 14, 2007

Thoughts on good friends and daughters

For the first time since I moved back to NJ I have met some wonderful people, some through our adoption agency and others through the network of adoption.
Also since our new neighbors moved in, we have been hanging out and having some real fun for a change, like relaxing out on the back porch, sharing stories, going to the pool and laughing till my belly aches. One of the most endearing remarks Rob said was that he loved raising his two daughters while we were discussing our adoption. It was so funny because his 20 something youngest daughter said "Dad, why would you want girls? We are so difficult". Daddy Rob just replied, "there's nothing better then loving my girls". I almost cry when I write this, because it reminds me of how my Dad loves my sister and I (although to this day my sister thinks I am the fav because I am the oldest, but I say, what are you talking about Maxine, you got the nose job you wanted LOL).
So it all brings me back to how my husband "pretends" this wait doesn't bother him, but every now and then I catch him bragging about adopting, and talking about things we will do once we have our little baby girl. It is truly exciting to hear him talk about her and what kind of sports he already thinks we should get her started in (sports, is that what men think little girls should be doing on their free time, he's still has a little reading to do). Though he has already raised a wonderful son, I know he misses him a great deal, especially since he is away at college working. So l can tell he truly is excited about being a new Daddy again to a sweet little girl, who will also be a sibling to Kenan. These thoughts all warm my heart, the fact that one day, a child will be chosen for us, and this child will bring so much love and happiness into all our lives. This thought, this lifelong dream is what makes this wait so very worth it.
Webfetti.com

0 comments:

 
© Hunan Spice
CoffeeShop Designs