I'm so excited that the photos of the baby and I were taken in full manual mode. Yippee (and I set them myself without the manual) Pardon the big nose shots, yucko...at least the babe looks good!
HERE'S PROOF SHE DISLIKES THE NEW CAMERA...BABY STOP PULLING YOUR HAIR OUT!
I simply can't believe it's a BRAND NEW YEAR! Whew did this year fly by! I keep saying that, but after going through a years worth of photos in the wee hours of the morning, I realized I missed too much this year and don't want a repeat in 2009. I think I just have to sloooow down. Guess always working at mach speed (on a professional level, I never took the time to just relax and enjoy. Or could it be when I said "I do, I didn't mean, EVERYTHING"
Well I have a beautiful daughter now and I want to enjoy every day with her, now more than ever. In less than a week we'll be celebrating a year home with Kira and I'm sure I'll be bawling my eyes out once again (what's up with all the crying these days) as we remember the amazing journey of my lifetime.
So I thought that instead of resolutions (which I never keep anyway) I would make more time to do the things that make me (us) happy and reflect on how precious the gift of child rearing really is.
I would like to spend more:
- Time to reflect on the wonderful memories of 2008
- Yes, more time with Kira and Dani
- Time to remember to keep those resolutions (did I really say that)!
- Time to hope for a wonderful future for our children.
- Time to be thankful for what we have and not what we want.
- Time to sit back and read a mindless book (not the Biography of A. Einstein).
- Find time, somewhere, and on some exercise device, to work my butt off (mopping floors doesn't count as caloric expenditure).
- Time doing good deeds for others, which includes local animal shelters.
- Time learning, observing and creating beautiful photos.
- More time to spend with family.
- Time to nurture friendships.
- More time to add to this list!
WE WISH EVERYONE A SAFE AND HAPPY NEW YEAR 2009