Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Spring is here!

So the day started off packing drinks and snacks, setting up the car and heading off to CHOP for Kira's follow up on the ruptured ear drum scenario.  I felt so organized, the girlies were fed, bathed and dressed an entire hour before we had to leave!  Yay for me.  We arrived early and I went to check in and the receptionist told me "uh hmmm, her appointment was yesterday".  I asked her again and she repeated it.  Okay it was my fault I gazed at the calender and for some reason thought it was a Thursday not Wednesday.  I felt so bad dragging them all the way into the city and even worse knowing I had to come back next week.   Mental notes don't cut it any more, now written ones don't either!  I guess being somewhat sleep deprived and stressed doesn't help either, so now I have to find another way to keep my important dates in mind.  Perhaps temporary tatooes!

Well on the way home, we passed by these gorgeous forsythias in full bloom and well I couldn't resist a few shots.  It was late in the afternoon and brisk so Shelby was sitting nearby, staying warm.  Both girls had colds too.  But I wanted some photos of Kira "when she's in the mood", they usually come out best.
Mommy, I picked these for you!


I love Kira's sense of elegance as she held these branches back so gracefully.  Then she
proceeded to act like the typical tomboy she is and ran around the park till she wanted to go home.
I love watching her play, she's always fascinated me and still does as it takes so little (when we're outdoors) to entertain her.
Awh, my baby love still holding her flowers for me. 


I couldn't resist taking this photo from my car.  I do love how the skyline of Philadelphia has changed so.  I used to drive this route hundreds of times when I was working or studying at Penn.  So of course I took a short drive down memory lane and drove right by the doors of the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.  I worked in the operating room as a new graduate and I can still see the window in this photo where I would sit while circulating and gaze out onto 38th and Spruce.  They were good times and I worked side by side with some of the greatest surgeons in medical history.  I didn't know it then, but HUP taught me so much and I am still grateful for those years of experience.


0 comments:

 
© Hunan Spice
CoffeeShop Designs