Friday, April 6, 2012

To crawl or walk...what will she do?

The weather has been beautiful this week, so once again I dusted off my camera and went out to take some much needed photos of Shelby.  BTW pardon the funky hair piece I can't say I like it but that face, oh I can't resist:))  So I carried Shelby to the park and we found some shade and great light.  I immediately started taking photos, but unlike Kira who so dislikes the camera this tot is always saying "cheese", it's pretty funny, only thing is I want some pout every now or then, then I say am I crazy?  Who wants their child pouting, but it's all for the sake of a good photo, only!

Shelby quickly discovered she loved being outside and much to my surprise stood up!!!  Yes I couldn't believe it, she stood and held onto the tree.  So the looks she's giving seem to say "you want me to do what? Why? I love being carried everywhere!"

 Then I put her on the grass to see if she would crawl and yep indeed, the babe crawled.  Momma was very happy indeed.  Only 3 weeks home after being in traction and that mermaid wrap for 7 weeks, Shelby was finally crawling.  Prior to this she was extremely timid about crawling and only wanted to sit or lie on her tummy.  She also lost about 5 pounds so she's so tiny again and needs to get some strength back in those skinny legs.  So I was doing my own PT with her in a fun way and I think she actually realized she could negotiate corners better if she crawled.


We couldn't be happier for this small milestone in her recovery!  I'm thrilled and she knows it.  Well gotta run now.  More posts to come.

4 comments:

a Tonggu Momma said...

Thrilled! And yes, the "cheese" from your little ham - I experienced that, too.

Unknown said...

What gorgeous images of your precious baby girl! So sweet!! : ) hope your Easter weekend is a blessed one.

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Ivy, she is so beautiful and I am happy to hear she is making such wonderful progress now that she is back home with her family and out of the hospital!

Gorgeous photos of your gorgeous girl!

Hope that you are doing well~

xo,

Lisa

Yoli said...

She is beautiful and I am glad she is doing so well.

 
© Hunan Spice
CoffeeShop Designs