Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Happy 8 Month LID Anniversary

We made it this far, now let's just hope this is the 1/2 way point. I really, really try to not look at dates, but I remember telling myself, June 6th will be 8mths since we were Logged in to the China Center for Adoption Affairs. I remember the email from our China Team leader, it was right before the holidays and I was so happy because at least we knew our precious dossier finally found it's way to it's own place in the stack of Dossiers. It was relief and one more small step to our baby girl. Now the wait has climbed to 20mths. So what's an "adoption Mama to be" to do...easy, shop, shop, shop and not for me for a change. What a great feeling, and it didn't take a Dove bar, nor Edy's "not so light" chocolate mint ice cream! I just have to lay off that stuff, the odd thing is I DON'T EVEN LIKE DOVE BARS AND ICE CREAM!


So retail therapy proved very PROFITABLE for the local baby boutique today. Funny that I just came from an eye doctor appointment and didn't realize that my eyes were dilated till I walked outside. Ouch, with sunglasses an all, I just happened to find myself stranded in a small strip mall where I was able to find shelter from the sun in this exlusive little baby boutique. How convenient was that! It really was too funny, because I couldn't see the prices, nor the sizes and had to ask these nice ladies to help me. They kept asking what size is the baby? I kept saying I don't know? Then they asked is she yours? And naturally I said yes. I just realized that they looked seemed very confused, so after a few awkward seconds, I proudly told them we were adopting. Then every sales lady bustled around to help (though I am not sure if it was the fact I still couldn't see the prices on those tags). It was too cute.




After I got home and parked in the driveway, I opened the bag of clothes and studied them for a few minutes. I started to imagine a little girl wearing these cute outfits and realized that little girl will one day be my daughter. So I cried, tears of joy of course, then gently refolded them and put them in my closet next to my favorite things and then ran straight to the ice cream, only this time, hubby beat me too it!










0 comments:

 
© Hunan Spice
CoffeeShop Designs