Sunday, February 22, 2009

Slow Learning Curve

Okay so I think I finally am on top of the Continental Divide here with my slow learning curve regarding the function settings on my new Nikon!  It's almost like I feel I just earned some degree in math or similar.   Thank goodness for these  books for "Dummies".  It took me step by step through each button, menu and anything else I needed to learn.  I'm very happy because now I can at least press buttons and know what I am doing, or not accidently press a button and not know how to return to regular shooting.

Yes it's still intimidating in some ways, there are 5 Menus and within those menus, 143 subfolders, and within those subfolders, hundreds of more settings!  Actually, what I did was skip to the back of the book, where all the nitty gritty stuff is located and wow, I was on a roll.  Even stayed up late to continue on reading.  It was like a novel I couldn't stop reading!  

So I now know how to set my ISO, metering modes, ISO, use exposure compensation, bracket not only the exposure, but flash and WB settings.  This camera is simply beautiful, and has amazing capabilities from the novice to expert photog.  I must admit that I've been shooting in manual for the most part, because that's what I only knew before and now that I found out about the internal bracket system, it will correct my errors!  Cool stuff!  

Now let's see what I can do with it!

AS FAR AS CREATIVITY GOES, NOW I NEED PHOTOSHOP ELEMENTS FOR DUMMIES!

0 comments:

 
© Hunan Spice
CoffeeShop Designs